Feb 20, 2011
(Click on the image for a larger version)
Hopefully this speaks for itself ! If not, to find out more about the Loudness War and Dynamic Range Day, click here.
Questions to ask:
- Which of these albums sound the loudest to you ?
- Which of these albums sound the punchiest ?
- Which of these albums sound incredible ?
- What’s more helpful for great sound, high average level (so-called “loudness”) or wide dynamic range ?
- Do sales have anything to do with “loudness” ? (That’s a trick question – more info here.)
I would love this to go viral, if you think it deserves to – please spread the word !
You can download a higher-quality PDF version here.
“DR” values measured by the offline TT Loudness Meter.
Information collected via the excellent Unofficial Dynamic Range Database. I chose the songs looking for acts that most people would recognise as “loud”, plus some top-sellers (new and old) for comparison.
If you would like to suggest ways to improve this, or can beautify it for me, please comment !