As well as this site, I run my own company, Mastering Media. There several ways you might like to work with me there.
I have over fifteen years experience as a professional mastering engineer, working on literally thousands of CD, DVD and Blu-ray projects for all of the major record labels, TV stations and independents, including several number one singles and award-winning albums. For more information click here.
Recording & Mixing Engineer, Producer
Mastering is my speciality but I also have a wide range of experience in recording, mixing and production of all kinds. I love helping people make their music sound great ! With broadband internet, we can collaborate effectively even if we’re on different sides of the world - contact me to talk about your project.
To hear an eclectic Spotify playlist of some of my favourite mastering, recording and mixing projects, click here.
Consultancy & Masterclasses
As well as the advice and information offered on this site, I also work as a writer, lecturer and consultant, helping other people get the best out of their recording, mixing and mastering. There are several options:
- One-to-one assistance – I travel to your location and help you with whatever is challenging you most right now. This could involve working on advanced recording, mixing or mastering techniques; troubleshooting problems with gear, monitoring, acoustics or workflow; refining your existing skills or just taking a particular project to the next level
- Group masterclasses – Larger groups sessions where I typically cover a specific topic – for example mastering, compression or EQ – and then work with individuals on their own material. This is a very efficient process, allowing all the participants to benefit from each other’s insights and challenges
- Lecturing - One-off talks on mastering, recording and mixing or the Loudness War – or any other topic of interest !
Contact me to talk about any of these options – or about any other way I can help.
The Home Mastering Audit
This is a new idea to give people feedback on their home mastering skills – and it’s quite simple.
- You send me your song, including your own mastered version
- I master it, using the software of your choice where possible
- We then connect via Skype or iChat screen-sharing, and I give you your own personal one-hour masterclass. I’ll explain what, how and why I did what I did with your song, just as I do in the videos for the Home Mastering Masterclass course.
- You get to ask me whatever questions you like, and I’ll try to help you with any challenges you have mastering in your home studio
- The whole thing is recorded, and when it’s finished I send you an HD video archive of the masterclass to keep, plus of course you also get to keep the mastered copy of the song !
I’ve actually already been doing calls like this for a while now, without advertising it as a service on the site, and it’s had a great response. The cost is £247. If you’re interested, let me know !